Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Halfway through the MTC and still loving MOST of it


Hello everyone!! :) Man it seems like every P-Day is coming faster and faster and then my companion and I are like, "Oh crap we have not taken any pictures!” So we take a million on Tuesday haha :) Well I had one goal coming into this week's letter and that was to answer the questions that my dad had asked me this week in one of his Dear Elders! Well of course the one thing that I forgot to bring to the computer lab was the letter with all of those questions haha, so this week I will answer the two that I remember and then I will answer the rest next week :) So the questions that I remember are: what is the worst thing that has been served here at the MTC, and what is the one think that you wish you could eat!? So the first one would have to be the tater tot casserole surprise! I am next to positive that that has to be illegal!! hahaha I tried a bite of it and immediately had to repent because all I could think of was starting a riot against the lunchroom employees haha, but then I realized they probably hate eating it just as much as we do! Haha I actually found a scripture in the Bible that I feel describes the MTC food perfectly! It is found in Jeremiah 4:19 and it reads, "My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me..." haha I feel like that does a great job describing how great the food is here at the MTC :)  Ok, the other question is by far the easiest to answer!!! I miss Chick-Fil-A more than life itself!!! haha Sometimes I will catch myself day dreaming about being at Chick-Fil-A! hahaha I hope so much that wherever I fly to before I fly to Asia, they have one of those in the airport!! 


Umm ok, I have another funny story!! So this week, we (the 3 Cambodians) have been practicing singing a song for Sacrament meeting in a couple weeks and Sister Jepson and I were put to the task of teaching Elder Quirante how to sing!! This was maybe one of the funniest things that we have done so far here at the MTC! Elder Q is good at so many things it’s ridiculous!! Like everything he tries to do he figures it out! The only thing is…Elder Q has never tried to sing in tune! haha We kept on telling him to hit notes that we were singing and he could not for the life of him figure out which notes we were singing hahaha :) Finally we had a break through!! If I sang right into is ear he could hit the note better than he originally could! So we practiced that for a while and then I slowly started moving further and further away from his ear and now, as long as I sing with him, he can hit the notes! We haven't quite gotten to the point where he can just hit them all by himself!! haha But we will! And our song sounds sooooooo cool!!! We are going to perfect it and then I think I am going to have one of the Elders record it so I can send it to all of you back home :) To get back at me Elder Q has made me start working out again....this is not fun!! I don’t understand how I liked doing this at one point in my life! ha I am hoping that if I keep pushing myself that eventually it will be fun again, but as of right now I am pretty much hating every minute of it! 



Well I am sorry I don’t have a lot to share this week, but before I go I will just share a quick scripture thought with you. The chapter that I pretty much spent this entire week studying was 2 Nephi 27 and for some reason reading this time around, the importance and power of this chapter literally hit me like a ton of bricks!! This chapter talks about the coming forth of the Book of Mormon and it speaks of Joseph Smith and how this "un-learned" man would be able to bring forth the most important book revealed to us in this dispensation!! I want to share a couple of verses with you! Verses 29 and 30 read, "And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity and out of the darkness. And the meek also shall increase, and their joy shall be in the Lord, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel." Those verses are so unbelievably powerful! It’s amazing to me that I am helping to fulfill some prophesies that are in this book that was written so long ago! They saw us; they saw us going to spread the word to the people who have not yet seen it and the poor who need happiness and reason to rejoice in their lives!! How blessed am I?!! It’s not every day that you get to read in the scriptures and say, "Hey! I’m helping fulfill that prophesy that Nephi is talking about!" I am so lucky that I get to go share this message of happiness in a country with much heartache!! Every once and a while I will catch myself wondering if this is even possible, if I really can do this, or if I should just go home and be with the people that I love. My teacher shared a thought with us yesterday that I won’t ever forget. He told us that there will be people on our missions that only Elder Steadman will be able to touch their hearts or only Elder Quirante. We know that everyone will have the chance to hear the message, whether it be in this life or the next, but I don’t think that I could ever forgive myself for not going to Cambodia and giving those people the opportunity to hear the gospel in this life just because I miss my Mommy and Daddy. The people of Cambodia need me more than I need my mom and dad! I know that this mission will sculpt me into the person that I want to be in my life!! I’m so grateful Heavenly Father trusted me with these people that He loves so much! I don't mean to say that Heavenly Father loves any of his children more than another, but I think that the Cambodians have a very special place in His heart because whenever I pray for them, or we talk about them, the Spirit is always so strong!! I love you all and I’m so grateful for all the love I have received here at the MTC!!!! The journey here is almost over and then that’s when the real fun begins!! Love you all so much! 

Until Next time :)
Elder Steadman


No comments:

Post a Comment