Monday, June 23, 2014

Best week so far!

Hello Everyone!! Wow the weeks are going by just too fast!! This week has been so awesome! Before I tell you all anything, I have to share a small little experience with you! So last week at the beginning of the week I was feeling kind of down on myself and just was not feeling the best, but then I read the quote book my sister gave me... (P.S. My sister Aubree has made me a quote book with a quote for every single day of my mission... yeah, I know, she is unbelievable!) Anyway, I read the quote for that day and it was, "Every little thing, is gonna be alright." It was JUST what I needed to hear and I decided that everything WAS going to be all right!! There is no point in sulking haha... it's such a waste of time!!! So I turned my attitude around and we had the best week so far on my mission!! My companion and I set a goal that we wanted to reach every single goal that we had set this week, and we hit them all! It was a super, super busy week and every night we were sufficiently tired, but at church this week we had 98 people! :) Last week we had 70 people so we were super happy that we were able to see our work really show!!


Ok, so other big news that I have for you all this week is I had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting! haha The first counselor came up to me on Friday and told me that he wanted me to give a talk on the Plan of Salvation this Sunday! Well, I did my best to prepare as much as I could. My goal was to just write down my thoughts in English and translate so I was not just reading a piece of paper the whole time. Oh, and I also decided that I wanted to read a verse of scripture in front of the congregation! So on Sunday I almost immediately regretted that decision hahaha :) There were so many people and I was so nervous because pretty much every one of our investigators showed up! So anyways, I got up and gave my talk and everyone was super nice and had a big smile one! A member from the Gasol family gave me the thumbs up with a huge smile on her face the whole time! It was so nice and very encouraging! Oh, and when I read the scripture, everyone just yelled out and helped me when I was not reading it fast enough hahaha :) It kind of threw me off, but it made me smile! The people are so loving and caring here it's unreal! Anyways that was a super good experience for me and even though it was super scary, this week has been the first week that I feel like I can kind of understand what people are saying and that I feel like I can try and reply to them haha :)

Ok, funny story for this week! So we were out proselyting on Thursday and the dark clouds started coming in hot, but it was not raining yet so I was not too worried. But then the rain started to come down pretty hard so we pulled over so I could put my poncho on. I put it on real fast and then we kept on biking. Well no less than 5 minutes later the rain stopped! I was a little bummed that I went to the trouble of putting my poncho on and then it wasn't getting put to use! The clouds were still dark so I kept it on for a while, but eventually it was just too hot so I took it off again. Well, no less than 5 minutes later it started sprinkling again, so I am just like, "Ok, whatever... it's not too hard of rain. I don't mind!" But then it just started down pouring. So again, I pulled over and put the poncho on and I am not kidding you, as I pulled it down over my body, the rain literally stopped! My companion was rolling and I was just in straight shock! hahaha We decided that God has a pretty good sense of humor and it was a sign to us that he wants us to laugh every once in awhile too! :)

Overall this week has been super awesome and I have learned lots of valuable stuff that I will never forget! I am so grateful to be serving a mission at this point in my life! Sometimes I wondered if I would regret coming out here because the future would not be as set in stone as if I just stayed home. Well, that is definitely true. I don't know what the future holds for me... more so than at any other time in my life. But I could not be happier and I know that if I keep doing what I am supposed to be doing and walk in the path that God wants me to walk in, that God will give me a better future than I could ever imagine! I find a lot of comfort in that! That promise is all over in the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true! I am so grateful to be here in Cambodia! This is the best mission in the whole world and I am loving every minute of it! Hope you all are well! Try your best not to be too jealous and enjoy boring old America! ;) Love you all!

Elder Steadman

This was some fun event the senior missionaries planned :)


Eighteen inches from head to tail... he said I don't want to know
how they killed it. I'm guessing the wooden object next to the
deceased is the murder weapon...

No comments:

Post a Comment