Monday, September 22, 2014

Power House Missionaries

Hello everyone! :) Another great week over here! To start the letter off this week I want to share with you all a little bit about Zone Conference! This week I had the opportunity to go to Battambong and receive some training! During this Zone Meeting we talked about being a "Power House Missionary". We talked about what an actual power house is (if you don't know you should look it up! ha) and then we talked about things that we can do to become a Power House Missionary! We came up with a formula for what it takes in order to be a Power House Missionary and that is Faith+Obedience=Power. I really like this and I believe 100% that it is true!! It is so important that we have faith! If we do not have faith in what we are doing or faith in our Heavenly Father, we are all out here just wasting out time! As humans we like to see evidence and then move in a certain direction, but with faith it asks us to step outside of that comfort zone… to walk a few steps in the dark. And then, once you have taken those few steps, you start to see the light! There are many examples in the scriptures where through faith people are able to see mighty miracles! The second part of the equation is obedience! Obedience is equally important as well! These are our Heavenly Father's children that we are talking to and teaching and if we are not being obedient to the rules that He has set for us as missionaries, He is not going to trust us with his precious children or the miracles that He has in store for us! So when we do these two things, when we are faithful and obedient, we will have power to preach the gospel with effectiveness and in a way that the people we teach will know that it is a message from God!

We also came up with 5 different points that we can look at each night to decide if we were a "Power House Missionary" for that day. Those are: Find, Teach, Baptize, Retain and Activate! If we are constantly trying to do these things then when we go to bed at night we can go to bed knowing that we are giving it our all! I loved Zone Conference this last week and I felt like I received so much information and inspiration on what I can be doing, and some things that I can start applying in my proselyting, so I can eventually become a "Power House Missionary"! So Zone Conference was amazing!

This week we did not have a lot of people show up to church because here in Cambodia it’s a 15-day holiday! ha Not sure what it’s called but it goes forever and so lots of the members went back to their homeland for those 15 days, so we are hoping by next week we will have lots of them come back home and be able to attend church! At church this week we had 2 people show up that want to start learning with us, so that was super cool! haha It really shows you how lucky I am to be serving here in Cambodia when people come up and contact me! haha This is the best mission ever :) Anyways we are looking really forward to meeting with them this upcoming week and hopefully they will have a desire to accept the gospel message we have for them!

Well that's pretty much all that I have for you all this week! I just want you all to know that I KNOW that this church is true! I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the church with the FULLNESS of Christ’s Gospel on the earth! I know we have a living prophet on the earth today and he receives help and guidance everyday from our loving Heavenly Father! I am so grateful to have the knowledge of this truth and feel so very honored to share this wonderful message with the people of Cambodia! I love you all so very much and hope you have a great week! Don't be too jealous! :) Try to enjoy America as much as I am enjoying Cambodia! :)

Good luck and I will talk to you all next week! :)

Elder Steadman

No comments:

Post a Comment