Sunday, September 7, 2014

"So grateful to be a part of this miracle-working work"

Hello Everyone!! Wow this week has gone by so fast its crazy!! Well I guess I will just cut right to the chase! ha So my funny story this week is another story about weird things outside my house! haha This Friday as we were getting ready to leave the house, I pulled my bike out of the house and as I was pulling it out, I saw something out of the corner of my eye so I stopped. When I looked it was a shirtless man posted up outside of our house sleeping! haha Elder An and I were laughing so hard because he was like mumbling and spitting in his sleep! We sat there and watched him for a good 5 minutes and had some good laughs and then headed out for another day of work! 


This week has been super good! We were able to meet with lots of investigators this week and this Sunday we had 4 BAPTISMS!!! :):) Wow I am so lucky!! Four of our amazing investigators were baptized this week and it was such an amazing experience!! One of the investigators is in a family that has each slowly received baptism one by one by one, which is super cool because they all just go at their own pace and when they have decided that they will be dedicated to this Gospel and follow all of the commandments, you KNOW that they are really going to do it! :) All 4 baptisms were amazing to watch and such a spiritual experience!! After they were baptized they were all given the time to stand up and bear there testimony about what they know. Even though they have really known about the Gospel of Jesus Christ for a couple of months or years, they are so strong and they all got up and bore testimony about how grateful they were to be able to have a knowledge of the Church and of Christ! It was such a great testimony builder to me, and a confirmation as well that I am supposed to be here in Cambodia right now! There is no other place in the world that I am supposed to be or would rather be than in Cambodia! I seriously don’t know what I did to deserve such an amazing mission, but I feel so lucky to be here at this time when the work is growing so fast and people are willing and ready to learn about Christ! Some days are hard when you are sweating your guts out and you have sat crossed legged for so long you think you might have self-amputated your legs, but when you get to hear people stand up and bear their testimony about what they know is true, it makes ever single hard second SO worth it!!

This week I have learned that the hard times pass quickly and the good times and good memories last so much longer! We all have hard days or hours or minutes, but we can also remember that it’s just one hard day or minute or hour and that’s it! Then the good times come and the rewards that Heavenly Father has for all of his children get poured out upon us! :) Man I love being in Cambodia and I love being able to work with the people here and learn this amazing language and strive every day to be a better person! I testify that this work is the work of God! Everything I do every day defies human capabilities! I ride my bike miles and miles and speak a foreign language and sweat like a sumo wrestler in a sweat suit and every night hit my pillow hard, but every morning when I wake up somehow I have the energy to do it all over again! I know that this comes from God! Missionary work is impossible without help from beyond our own power! I am so grateful to be a part of this miracle-working work every day! I love you all and hope you all have a great week! Much love headed to you all from Cambodia!

Elder Steadman:)



The temples at Angkor

No comments:

Post a Comment