Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Back to work!

Hey everyone!! Man this week sure was better than the last!!! First of all, I want to apologize for my crappy letters the last couple of weeks!! I just have not been up to writing a nice letter lately; not to mention, I was taking an extreme amount of pain pills the last couple weeks so everything I did write was under the influence so I figured the shorter the better! haha But this last week I was able to go back to class and that was so nice!! Being back in class and not in the medical center is just so amazing!! As hard as its been to kind of have to get back into the swing of things all over again, I know it's 1000 times better than staying in there another day!! Luckily, when I came back to the classroom I really felt like I was able to remember a lot of what I had learned so far here at the MTC, and that was a huge answer to my prayers! I was super worried that I was just going to forget everything I had worked so hard to memorize!!

Looking pretty skinny (he's lost 22 pounds while sick) in this
pic with his new district (his new comps are on the far right)

Writing home with Elder Klein

My new companions are super awesome!! They are both from London and so they have got pretty sick accents! They have both just been so awesome in helping me when I need something, or making sure one of them can stay with me when I have to lay down for a couple of hours, so I am super blessed to have them!! I have not able to attend a lot of the Devotionals the last week and a half because usually by the end of the day I am completely wiped out, but the one that I was able to attend just so happened to be President Deiter F. Uchtdorf!! Seriously, it was so awesome! As soon as he walked into the room, everyone stood and the Spirit was sooo strong it was crazy!! It was so cool to see how much love he has for everyone in that room!! Now you all have to remember that I was still under a lot of medication and so I can honestly not remember what he spoke on and I do not have my notes with me right now, but I was just impressed I remembered he came! haha Oh yeah, and after his talk he went around and he shook some of the missionaries' hands who were sitting on the outside isles. I have never been madder at myself for not picking an outside seat!! I always pick outside for the legroom! Unbelievable haha :)

Anyway, I just want to thank you all for all of the prayers you have sent my way!! Yesterday I was looking back at the last week and some of the trials that I have gone through and, to be honest, I really don't know how I was able to do it. The only explanation that I can come up with is that I was lifted up by angels and pushed along by the help of all your prayers, so from the very bottom of my heart, I want to thank you all so very much for your love and your support!! I know that you all are just loving my MTC letters where I just say the same thing over and over again each week (that's sarcasm), but unfortunately these have to come to a close after this next week!! I really am sorry! I tried to stay in here as long as they would possibly let me, but now I guess it is time to head out to Cambodia!! Thanks for putting up with my boring letters the past 11 weeks! I am super excited to be able to give you guys something more adventurous to enjoy!! Maybe the last week here at the MTC I will try to do something exciting so I can have something cool to write about next week! ha Stay tuned ;)

I love you all and I want you to know that I KNOW that this Church is true!!! I am so unbelievably grateful to my Heavenly Father for trusting me with this knowledge!! We are a select few who have the opportunity to know about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I think sometimes I forget just how lucky I am to be able to know all that I know!! I try to remember the song, "Because I have been given much, I too must give." Every time I think of that song, it is a reminder to me of how much I really have been given!! I will never be able to repay Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for all that they have done for me in my life, but I know that because they have given me so much, the least I can do is go out and share the same message of happiness with the people of Cambodia!! I bear testimony to you all that the Book of Mormon is true!! That book came from God!! I am so grateful for the courage of Joseph Smith; over the course of these few short weeks, he has become my hero! I do not know how he underwent all the trials that he did and still remained strong. I wish I could tell you all today that I could do the same, but I do not think that I could!! I aspire to be like Joseph Smith!! I have only been asked to dedicate 2 years of my life to the Lord; Joseph Smith dedicated his life the Lord starting at age 14! I know that he was a man of God, and I know that he saw what he said he did! I know that Heavenly Father loves ALL of His children and He does hear every prayer that is sent up to Him by one of His children! I love you all so much and I want you all to know that this is the fullness of Christ's gospel, again restored upon the earth!! I hope you all have an amazing week!!

All my love!
Elder Steadman


P.S. (from the missionary mom)… Although he didn't say it in his letter, it looks like he'll be heading out May 12th. We'll know for sure in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment