Monday, June 29, 2015

A week in the life...

Hello everybody!!:) I hope that you all had a really great week this week! For me things were really good! Just another week in the life of a missionary!:) This week was a pretty mellow one as far as Cambodia goes! Haha but I guess I will kind of just give you a rundown of all of our days this week! I don't think I have ever done that, so now you can kind of have an idea of what I do each day!! Ok, so on Monday we went to the market in the morning and got some food for the week! Then after that we went and emailed our families and friends and that was great as usual! :) Then after that we decided not to play any sports, which was the first time that we have not played any sports on p-day since I came to this area!! It was super nice though because we had lots of time to just go and kind of chill! And by lots of time, I mean like an hour haha because we had to go run a couple errands like fix our bikes and then go to one other store that sells some American-ish food haha :) Then at 5 in the evening we started proselyting again and we were able to meet with 3 people that evening and so that was really good!:)

On Tuesday we had district meeting and I am the district leader so I was the one who taught! There are only 4 people in my district so it's kind of weird teaching such a small group, but it is what it is!:) Haha then Tuesday we went out and met a lot of less active members which was good, but also slightly depressing because they just tell you they’re never coming back and you’re just like, "Ok... well, we love you!!...Meet again next week yeah!?" Haha missionaries are such a pain in the butt!! However... we are a pain in the butt because WE LOVE YOU!!!:):) So deal with it!:) Then Wednesday was a pretty fun day as well! We proselyted in Kampong Cham until like 3 and then we headed over to my other area for the evening to teach English! I don't know if I have told you guys this yet or not, but there are like 35 people coming to that class now days so that's pretty cool!! It’s gone from 4 all the way to 35!! Not too shabby!!:) So English class was super fun! My companion absolutely loved it because he is new and still loves every single chance that he has to be able to speak English! Now it's just frustrating for me because I can't put a complete sentence in together in English without that sentence first popping up in my head in Khmer and then having to retranslate it back into English! Haha it's embarrassing, but I don't care! Ha I don't need to know English right now! I can relearn it when I get home:)

Then on Thursday we had weekly planning which takes 3 hours so we don't even end up leaving our house until 2 in the afternoon! But the craziest part of Thursday was that we had 9 lessons that day!! And we had a bike repair that took us an hour to fix so we taught 9 lessons in just 5 hours!! We were riding our bikes like mad men and it was also raining, but the rain was kind of nice because it was rinsing off all of our sweat from how hard we were biking!! Haha our butts are still quite sore from Thursday!! But it was so worth it!:) All the lessons were super awesome and we were able to help a lot of people that day, as well as find a new investigator! We stopped at this shop to grab a drink and the guy recognized us and started talking to us and then he told us that he wanted to learn about Jesus again because he used to go to the church in Siem Reap, but then stopped because he moved to Kampong Cham. We gave him a Book of Mormon and taught him the first lesson and then he agreed to have us come back for a second visit so that was super sick!! :)

On Friday we went over to my other area and that was a super good day as well! We met with some people in the late afternoon, but then around like 1 my comp’s bike was falling apart so we called the Assistants and got permission to get him a new bike! The only problem was that the closest place that sold bikes was about a 45-minute bike ride from where we were! But considering we had no other options, we started on the trek! Haha my poor comp! By the time we got there his face was looking like he was going to die at any given moment! Later he told me that he had blacked out during the better part of our bike ride and could not remember how we got to where we were! Haha missions in Cambodia are so sick!!:) He is ok now so don't worry everybody:) He is a champ! Then on Saturday we just had a full day of meeting members and investigators over in my other area! We tried to go to all of the members’ houses to at least just remind them of coming to church! On Saturday night we went back to Kampong Cham and slept there for the night because we had church in the morning there!

So when we woke up on Sunday we went to church and it was good except that the electricity was out so it was pretty toasty! Then after church in Kampong Cham we caught a van and headed over to my other area to go to church over there as well! This week we got super lucky because our president from Kampong Cham rented a car for the day to take us and some other members down to worship in my other area! That meant we did not have to spend any money this Sunday so that was pretty sick! Then we went to church in my other area and the electricity was still out and it was a lot more painful because it was 2 in the afternoon so it was soooo hot! But it was still good:) I was asked to teach second hour because the person who was supposed to did not show up, so we had a lesson on fasting because that's a super hard one for people to obey over here for some reason! But I can't really speak because I also struggled big time with that one before the mission, so it was a good lesson for myself as well!! Ha:) At the end of the lesson I committed them all to fast this upcoming week and they all accepted so we will see how that goes! And that was pretty much my Sunday and now today is Monday and I am emailing all of you! :) So that was pretty much my week! Over all it was a super good week! :) But nothing crazy really happened to us! Maybe next week I will have a crazy story for you all!:)

For this week that's pretty much all I’ve got for you all! I hope you know how much I love you all! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a distance away from my family and friends for a short time! It really makes you realize just how much they mean to you! I love my mission and I love being able to go out every day and communicate with these wonderful people! I am so so so happy that I made the decision to come out on a mission! I know that this decision has forever changed the course of my life and I could not be happier about the path that it is leading me down! I can't see everything that my Heavenly Father has in store for me, but if what He has in store for me is anything like the blessings that I have received out here on a mission I am in for one very very blessed life!!:) I don't have any idea what I did to deserve such an amazing place like Cambodia to give two years in the service of my Savior! I used to think that coming out on a mission meant that I would be giving up two years of my life and it would be a great sacrifice on my part, but I have come to realize that it really is no big sacrifice at all!! It's just another opportunity to receive incredible amounts of blessings from Heavenly Father and learn and grow mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically (physically as in I have a rice belly now:))!! I know I say it over and over again, but I'll say it till I finish... I love my mission!!:) I love you all and hope that you all have a great week!!:) Much love headed your way from the Kingdom!!:)

Elder Steadman
អែលឌេីរ ស្តេតមិន



No comments:

Post a Comment