Wednesday, September 2, 2015

An interesting week...

Hello family!!:) Well, it was another good week here in the Kingdom!!:) This week was a little interesting though! So on Tuesday I woke up and my wrist that has been totally fine now for the last couple of months was super bad! I think I tweaked it in the middle of the night and I could not bend it very well or anything so I called Sister Christensen and she told me to go and get an X-ray, so on Wednesday we had to head down to Siem Reap, which is actually one of my old areas! We got there late on Wed evening and then we stayed at the Elders’ house in Siem Reap. When we got to their house we had forgotten to tell them we were coming, but when we got to the door it was open… so being the two mature 21-year-olds that we are, we snuck into the house and gave all of them a good scare!!:) It was a good laugh that's for sure!!:) Then I went to the doctor and they did an X-ray and my bone is healthy!!:) I just have some partially torn ligaments! They said they can do an MRI to see exactly what ligaments and all that jazz, but I just decided not to do that because either way it's pretty much the same healing process...long!!! Haha but I am wearing that little wrist supporter thing again and that's helping a ton as well and I am lifting in the mornings so I will be able to strengthen all the muscles and ligaments around it as well!!:)

Then when we came back to our area, Quirante came down with a super bad cold and was getting super bad migraines! So bad he could not even look at light without feeling sick! So we had to stay in on Friday for most of the day until the evening when he said it was dark enough that we could go out and do a little work! He is a stud for pushing through! Then on Saturday we went to a funeral for a good part of the day! The branch president’s dad passed away. He was not a member so they did everything according to the Buddhist religion, but it was still really cool to see and they feed you at the funeral and the food was soooo good! They made my favorite dish so I was a happy camper:)

Then Sunday was super awesome! We got to meet all of the members and seriously they are all so cool!!!! Elder Quirante and I have made it a goal that we are going to remember every single member’s name here in this branch! Everyone loves getting called by their own name, so we wrote down everybody's name at church and took their picture as well so we will be able to go through all the pictures and put names to the faces!!:) The branch out here does a pretty good job running itself! They don't rely on the elders a ton so that's a huge change from the last area I was in! Plus we had two people walk up to us in church and give us referrals!!!! That's the first time that has ever happened on my mission!! It was insane!!:) We are going to have some great success in this area because I think that the members here really get the importance of missionary work being a team effort!!:)

The only hard thing about this week has been just the lack of information that we were given from the elders before us! As you all know, Quirante and I were coming into this area both new so we did not know anyone and usually when that happens the elders that were there before you organize things pretty well and give you some sort of outline of who you meet on what days and then usually you have teaching records for all of your investigators, but we did not have any of that!! It was soooo hard to try and make sure that we did not lose any investigators or anything because there was just a wild bunch of random sticky notes in our rooms with names and numbers and that's it and then a few names of investigators and recent converts written up on a white board!! It made me sad the elders did not care about their area enough to get it prepared for two new people coming in! I guess that's what happens when it's your last area, but let me promise you one thing, if that happens to me in my last area I will NEVER leave that area until I have made sure nothing will go missing or skipped and the 2 new people coming in will be able to easily slide into their new area with hardly any trouble whatsoever!! Because now I know how it feels to feel completely lost and confused about what you can be doing to get the work going in your area and how and where to pick up were the last elders left off!! It's not a good feeling so I don't EVER plan on making another missionary feel like that because of my lack of effort!! It ain't gonna happen!!:) Anyway, that's enough of my sob story!!:)

Well, for this week that's pretty much it! We are just continuing to meet the members in our branch and find out where they live so we can plan effectively each night before we go to sleep about who we are going to see the next day! I love my mission right now though! Even though it's hard learning this new area and a little frustrating and overwhelming at times, I am doing it with my best buddy out here on the mission so I could not be happier!! It's so fun being able to push each other in every aspect of the work knowing that you can push them harder than you could ever push some of your other companions that you have had in the past!!:) He is helping me become the missionary that I want to be and I hope I am helping him become the missionary that he wants to be as well!! Well, that's all for you all this week folks!! I will talk to you all next week!!:)

Much love headed your way!!:)
Elder Steadman:)

Meeting Elder Holland last week!



Quirante, Lauritzen, & Steadman... reunited at last :)

No comments:

Post a Comment